Thursday, March 5, 2009

The next step....

Many of you know that I had my third carotid arteriogram to see how my arteries were healing after the wreck. Going into this I wasn't the least bit nervous or scared as I was this time last year. I told myself that I would not get my hopes up in case things didn't turn out the way we had hoped. My most wonderful husband and I left out and got to Vanderbilt at what seem liked the break of dawn. I was the first on the charts to have surgery. Vanderbilt is great, because when you have surgery they give your loved ones a pager so when your done and in recovery...they beep your loved ones to come. LOVE THAT! Well, my surgery took roughly 45 minutes and I came back to recovery and had to lay flat for 2 hours before getting up. Time came for us to leave and go home. The doctor who did the surgery came in and told Chris and I that he didn't see much if any healing. Well...I was like ok...your going to be fine with taking blood thinners for the rest of your life. I was just thankful to be here and have a second chance at life. I didn't literally leave the house all weekend and stayed in my PJs recouping and boy was I sore!!! Monday came around and my vascular surgeon called to tell me about my test results. He is the best...love Dr. Guzman!!! Would recommend him in a second! Well...to my surprise he said that he did seem some healing in both my arteries....not completely back to normal but there was some healing. He told me to stop taking my shots and go to a baby aspirin. I can tell you I was in complete and utter SHOCK!!!! I couldn't believe we had finally gotten to this day. I honestly believe 2009 is finally our year! All the stars are seeming to finally line up for us. I want to Thank you all for continuing to keep us in our prayers! It has been felt every second of everyday. But, I think those prayers have had some extra help by a certain little angel. Dillon, mommy knows you are watching over her and help her heal each and everyday. There is never a second of the day that doesn't go by that I don't think about you. Mommy and Daddy miss you so much and will always love our baby boy Dillon!

No comments: