Our little trooper DIllon turned 4 months old yesterday...he has grown so fast, it just seems like yesterday he was born. Today, was his 4 month checkup. He weighs 16 lbs 14 oz (80% percentile) & Length 26 1/2 inches (93% percentile & going to be TALL like his MOMMY :) ).The doctor was very pleased with how he was doing (the doctor didn't hear his heart murmur either...so that is good news) except for one thing. His head circumference is 46.5 cm (100% percentile)...it has grown 4 centimeters in the last 2 months. The doctor has ordered an ultrasound of his brain to see if there are any abnormalities. When I was born, I had a condition called macrocephalia (which means abnormally large head). They first thought I had a condition called hydrocephalia which means water on the brain. So, the doctor wants to figure out what is going on with Dillon's head to see if he has either one of these. On top of all the poking and measuring today, he had his next round of shots. Watching them get their shots just breaks my heart! But, he was a trooper and did just fine! We have to go back within the next 2 weeks for the ultrasound and another appointment. Please keep us in your prayers until we figure out what is going with our little guy.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Our little Trooper
Our little trooper DIllon turned 4 months old yesterday...he has grown so fast, it just seems like yesterday he was born. Today, was his 4 month checkup. He weighs 16 lbs 14 oz (80% percentile) & Length 26 1/2 inches (93% percentile & going to be TALL like his MOMMY :) ).The doctor was very pleased with how he was doing (the doctor didn't hear his heart murmur either...so that is good news) except for one thing. His head circumference is 46.5 cm (100% percentile)...it has grown 4 centimeters in the last 2 months. The doctor has ordered an ultrasound of his brain to see if there are any abnormalities. When I was born, I had a condition called macrocephalia (which means abnormally large head). They first thought I had a condition called hydrocephalia which means water on the brain. So, the doctor wants to figure out what is going on with Dillon's head to see if he has either one of these. On top of all the poking and measuring today, he had his next round of shots. Watching them get their shots just breaks my heart! But, he was a trooper and did just fine! We have to go back within the next 2 weeks for the ultrasound and another appointment. Please keep us in your prayers until we figure out what is going with our little guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are all in our prayers. Please keep us posted! I Love the pictures. Dillon is so cute! We Love You Guys!!!!
hey jules. i will be praying for dillon's test, specifically that the doctors will not find any abnormalities and that he will be pronounced healthy! keep us posted. love the blue blog - it's brad's favorite color. christy said you found invitations - can't wait to see them! love ya!
Hey Julie! I finally got around to checking my emails and found an email you sent out with this blog link, and lo and behold, I'm not getting the update on the Faris family!! Dillon is the cutest little guy in the world. I can't wait until I can finally meet him. I hope everything is good in FL.
~Shelley
(P.S. I noticed in the latest picture that Dillon is holding the baseball bear I picked out!)
Post a Comment